2009-09-07


Labor day.  The first FSU game of the season, a home game against Miami.  We used to buy season tickets but skipped this year and last.  I was spoiled upon my arrival to Tallahassee in '98, we won a national championship and kicked major butt for a few years.  Campus looks totally different now, one great addition was the "Unconquered" statue.  You can't make it out in the picture, but for special events the spear has flames!
I like campus all the time, but on game day there is something about the energy that is infectious.  I started from the house and rode my mountain bike up through campus.  The game started at 8pm, and as early as 11am (when I was there) the festivities had begun.  Unfortunately, I had a little mechanical issue: my tire separated from the bead and I had to call for backup!  Mom and Robert came to rescue me!  I had one more spare, so I need to order some more tires.


In the afternoon we went to our brother and sister in-law's house (who shall remain nameless, they google their names and would frown upon the exposure).  Grandma made barbeque shrimp and Grandpa boiled some.  It was slap your momma good!  I had a gripe with barbeque shrimp though; it didn't have BBQ sauce and wasn't cooked on the grill.  wtf mate!?  We were there most of the day and pretty much crashed when we got home. 

I woke up a little while after falling asleep to see that the Noles were in the lead!  Yeehaa!  Rachael woke me up a little later, 22 seconds on the clock, down by 4.  We had ample opportunity but couldn't come up with the win.  Rachael and I were all bummed, and I stayed up for a little while longer to watch some of Tropic Thunder - very strange, somewhat funny, I didn't see it all before falling back asleep.

0 comments: