2009-09-02

Day 3 - Ride

my office view today
Google map location

Got a nice ride in, almost 2 hours pedal time.  Headed East where there isn't a lot of traffic and there are some great canopy roads.  There was a nice tail wind on the way out, which of course meant a head wind on the way back.

About 4 years ago I was out this way every week for the Saturday Chaires group ride.  The scenery is the same, some of the roads have been resurfaced and are niiiice and smooth (I have long since forgotten where all the pot holes would have been!).  One weird observation; I saw at least 6 people mowing their lawn/field, yes, on Wednesday afternoon.  Guess I'm not the only one who isn't at work!

Legs felt good. It's been a long time since I've been on a bike this much and I feel like I'm right back in the swing of things. I can clear my head completely and not think about a thing if I choose.  I hope this break helps me get a ride schedule back.  If I can lose some baggage I know I would be right back where I left off.

I'd like to start posting some ride stats from my Polar HRM.  Offhand, I know my max speed today was just over 38mph, it was on a downhill of course and felt AWESOME.

0 comments: