2009-09-04

Day 5 - Buff the wood

The late night out caught up with me.  Woke up in zombie mode to help with Robert.  We napped a little together and had a great morning.  He was laying on the floor and looked up at me and smiled, I can't really explain it, but it felt special and made me all gushy.  I can't explain it because he smiles and giggles all the time, but for some reason it struck a chord.  Then we packed up and went over to the in-laws for lunch, mommy met us again.

I'm very picky when it comes to clothes, although my style would be characterized as ... BUM.  The only reason I mention this is because my in-laws picked up some 70% off shirts for me from Dillards.  I only liked one, but really appreciated the gesture!  So I went to return the other shirts.  I wandered around Dillards for a little bit.  I thought about walking some of the mall, but it's the M-A-L-L so I went home instead.

I really wanted to ride, but my legs probably need the rest.  So I tackled some house chores.  I seriously cleaned the bathroom and did about 80% of the bedroom.  We have a major dust problem!  Little de-clutter and a vacuum this weekend and it will be in great shape.

This Labor Day weekend is the 11 year anniversary of when I picked up my truck.  My first (and hopefully last) trip on a Greyhound.  It was a little nerve wracking because I had to learn to drive a manual or I wouldn't be able to get back to FSU!  In case there is any doubt, I made it.  I also still have the truck!  My brother just got back from driving the truck around the Northeast all summer!  Weighing in at just over 140k miles, it's been to Texas twice, Connecticut 3 times, and South Florida countless times.  My buddy E. Post and I crammed all of our gear in it and drove all over Florida for 2 Florida State Mountain Bike Race seasons.  It is a great truck.

0 comments: