2009-09-09

I almost said "woke up early", but I wake up early every day!  I just didn't hit the gym this morning because E-mail (yes, this is a person) and I were going for an early road ride.  We met near where he lives off Bannerman Road.  I figured we would put up about 3 hours, so I brought some goo's and cliff bars.  The weather was as good as it gets.  We had nice cool shade going out Meridian and headed West before the sun was too hot.  E-mail and I always babble the whole ride about a variety of topics and today was no different.

I wish I had taken a picture of one of the fields we passed, it's a gorgeous sight!  I remember a long time ago we did a century ride out here with the gang and stopped for a photo at about the same spot.


By the time we got back, it was HOT HOT HOT!  I am really still acclimating back on the bike and have been riding 1.5-2 hours.  Putting up over 3 in the heat fried my noggin.  My legs felt great and I wasn't cramping, but by the end of the ride, any effort made my heart explode - the heat had got to me.  I blasted the AC in the truck on my way back home and took the long, scenic way back.  Even though I had some nutrition on the ride, my spidey senses led me to Ali's Strawberry Shakes and Farmers Market.  I had a corn dog (what?!  my body was in full overdrive) and a grouper sandwich.  Ali's is a bit of a drive for much of Tallahassee, but it's pretty close to our house and it's just good eatin'.  They have a good "fair" type menu, but also have some great smoked meats and shakes, and the people there are always really friendly.

I got home around 1:30pm.  I pretty much spent the rest of the day laying in bed moaning about the state of my body and mind.  I snapped out of it just long enough to pickup Robert from Granny's house.  After a nice relaxing evening at home, another day is in the books.

0 comments: